Position: Full-time Researcher (TEPS Editor)
Organization: Language Education Institute, Seoul National University
Location: Seoul, Republic of Korea
The Language Education Institute (LEI) at Seoul National University is seeking dedicated and qualified English test editors to work as full-time researchers.
Applicants must have at least a master’s degree and be either a native English speaker. Prior experience in editing is not required but nevertheless desired. We are interested in researchers who can help us continuously uphold the integrity of the TEPS (Test of English Proficiency developed by Seoul National University).
Full-time researchers are expected to develop, write, review, edit, proofread, and score test items for TEPS and other tests produced by the TEPS Center. We are looking for competent writers who can produce large amounts of writing on a wide variety of topics under time pressure according to our test specifications.
The annual salary is 34,000,000 KRW. You will have the opportunity to do some overtime work for extra pay. Upon the completion of the contract, severance pay is also made.
Those with non-Korean citizenship will be provided with housing support in the amount of 600,000 KRW each month. You have the option to live in a minimally furnished faculty apartment close to the campus or find off-campus housing on your own.
You will have an annual total of four weeks paid vacation.
- Those with non-Korean citizenship will be paid the amount of 1,000,000 KRW for airfare upon the expiration of the last contract.
- You will be required to join the National Pension and Health Insurance Plans.
- You may take courses in the LEI’s Korean Language Program for a 50% discounted tuition, provided that your attendance does not interfere with your work responsibilities.
- This is a one-year contract that can be renewed multiple times.
Please submit these documents to the LEI by regular mail or email:
- Cover letter (or letter of self-introduction)
- Copies of degree(s)/certificate(s) (undergraduate level and above)
- Copies of academic transcripts (undergraduate level and above)
- Copy of passport (photo page)
- Copy of Foreigner's Registration Card (if you already reside in Korea) or Residence Card for Foreign National Koreans (or Report by Overseas Korean Residents if applicable)
- One letter of recommendation
- Review of the application documents
- English tests (TEPS & Editing)
- Interview (either in person or via telephone)
- May 1, 2019 (The starting date for this position is negotiable)
DEADLINE & CONTACTS:
The application deadline is March 10 (Sunday), 2019 by 12 PM. If you are interested or have any questions, please feel free to contact Ms. Min, Joo Lee at email@example.com.
HOW TO APPLY
- By email or post
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Min, Joo Lee
TEPS Center, LEI(Bldg.#137-1, 5th Floor)
Seoul National University
1 Gwanangno, Gwanak-Gu