The College English Program of the Faculty of Liberal Education at Seoul National University is hiring qualified full-time instructors to teach College English courses for the university’s undergraduate students from Spring 2020.
Period of Employment
March 1, 2020–February 28, 2021. The contract is renewable.
- 1.Native speaker of English;
- 2.A master’s or higher degree from an English-speaking country;
- 3.Four or more years of teaching/research experience at secondary and/or postsecondary level (the time spent for postgraduate degrees [MA, PhD, etc.] will be counted towards teaching/research experience);
- *Candidates from all areas of specialization will be considered, although preference may be given to those with EFL-related credentials and teaching experience at the college level.
- 1.Teaching twelve class hours per week (usually four courses) in each of the two fifteen-week semesters;
- 2.Teaching one summer or winter session course per year for overtime payment;
- 3.Performing teaching-related duties requested by the College English Program and participating regularly in faculty meetings and workshops.
The monthly salary is 3,202,000 KRW.
Full-time instructors with foreign citizenship will be paid 600,000 KRW as a monthly housing allowance and are eligible to stay in an on-campus apartment for the duration of the contract. Monthly rent varies between 398,000 KRW (studio apartment) and 630,000 KRW (two-bedroom apartment). Please note that two-bedroom apartments are extremely competitive.
- 1.Cover letter;
- 3.Photocopies of all undergraduate and graduate academic diplomas and transcripts;
- 4.Two recommendation letters (desirably, including one from your previous employer [Korean, if applicable]);
- 5.A photocopy of the passport ID page;
- 6.Official records of all previous employment (including information on the actual periods of employment).
- *Final candidates will be requested to bring the original copies of all diplomas and transcripts to the interview for verification purposes.
Deadline and Contacts:
The application deadline is October 25, 2019, 3:00 p.m. by Korean standard time (GMT +9). You can send a hard copy of your application package via surface or express mail to the address below:
Ms. Wonsun Choi
College English Program
College of Humanities 3–212
Seoul National University
1 Gwanak-ro, Gwanak-gu
Republic of Korea
Alternatively, you can email a scanned version to Ms. Choi at email@example.com.
Please note that documents submitted as part of the application package will not be returned to you.
Final candidates will be contacted by November 8 and informed of the interview and demonstration lecture schedule.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Ms. Wonsun Choi at +82-2-880-5881 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our website (http://cep.snu.ac.kr) for details about the College English Program, and the website of the Korean Immigration Office (http://www.hikorea.go.kr) for information on visa issues.